We have received new indications that seem to confirm the release date provided by j0nathan. The same date is displayed by Japanese stores on AC: Mirage's product cards - and as claimed by Gematsu, a website familiar with them, they don't do that unless they have official information (read: they don't use so-called placeholders).
Original news (May 22)
A popular industry insider posting on YouTube as j0nathan has provided a possible release date of Assassin's Creed: Mirage. According to the Frenchman's sources - which have repeatedly proven to be reliable - Ubisoft's game will be released on October 12, 2023 for PC, PS4, PS5, XOne and XSX/S.
That's not all, however, as j0nathan reports. From his recent video (above) - in French - we learn that AC: Mirage will supposedly offer:
- a Baghdad map comparable to those of AC: Unity and AC: Syndicate (which is much smaller than the virtual worlds from the latest installments of the series, though still quite large);
- being the hometown of Basim - the game's protagonist - the initial location, which he is supposed to leave after a failed robbery to go to Baghdad and eliminate several targets there;
- an approx. 15-hour storyline, the core of which is supposed to be the hunt for these targets - allegedly, we will gather information about them and then track them down (so in a way the formula from the first AC);
- gameplay heavily oriented on sneaking, as Basim - at least at the beginning - is supposed to be very weak, so he will have to rely on tactics and gadgets;
- a 4-level reputation (infamy) system, supposedly affecting the game's difficulty level, but also the available equipment;
- a parkour system "similar to that of AC: Origins, but better";
- a minimized modern plotlitle;
- new matters related to the Isu, which are meant to fill in important gaps in the series' history;
- possible factions for hire in the fashion of those from AC2, AC: Brotherhood and some later installments of the series - courtesans, mercenaries, etc.
As a reminder, let me add that the day before yesterday we also saw a leak of a 2-second "gameplay" from Assassin's Creed: Mirage. If you are not short of free time, you can watch it here.
- Assassin's Creed: Mirage - official website