Take-Two Interactive has released a new financial report. It contains some surprising figures.
- Between April 1 and June 31, this year, the company generated $1.1 billion in revenue.
- The publisher recorded a loss of $104 million. However, it is due to the cost of the acquisition of Zynga (studio known for, among other things, the Farmville series). The cost of the deal is $12.7 billion, but the payment is split up over several stages.
- As much as 94% of the publisher's revenue currently has digital sources.
- Live-service games alone generate 75% of the company's total revenue.
- Take-Two Interactive forecasts that Zynga will account for 45% of the company's revenue in the entire fiscal year 2023 (1.04.2022 - 31.03.2023).
- Sales of GTA 5 will soon exceed 170 million copies.
- In contrast Red Dead Redemption 2 sold more than 45 million copies.
All these figures leave no doubt that 2K Games is rapidly transforming into a company focused on live-service games and mobile productions.
However, this does not mean that the publisher intends to completely abandon traditional games. Upcoming plans include the release of Marvel's Midnight Suns and this game will not offer microtransactions affecting gameplay. Further plans, on the other hand, include a new installment of the XCOM series. In addition, no one doubts that further development of the Civilization series.
In the longer term there is also Grand Theft Auto VI, which should appeal to both lovers of single-player campaigns and supporters of live-service games thanks to the next version of GTA Online.
- Take-Two Interactive - official website