The management ot CI Games - the creators of the Sniper: Ghost Warrior series or Lords of the Fallen - has approved a strategic plan for the years 2023-2027. The company's development will be based on the creation and release of at least several games, including a new PvE shooter named Scorpio.
New games and market research
Presentation revealing [in Polish] details of the plan took place today. It was accompanied by a conversation between CEO Mark Tyminski and Finance Director David Broderick (via: webinarjam). Many interesting facts can be learned from it.
- Scorpio will be a tactical multiplayer PvE shooter. The team is responsible for the game is Underdog, which is to prepare not only gameplay, but also live-service solutions for the title.
- The company plans to expand its portfolio with more games from the action RPG category. The company sees great potential in this genre, mainly due to the well-received announcement of The Lords of the Fallen. The company responsible for this pillar is to be studio Hexworks.
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior will be expanded in the future with new installments, one of which has already been initially announced. Underdog is expected to play a key role in helping to develop these titles.
- Publisher United Label will continue to be responsible for scouting of indie games with the potential for a commercial hit. The team is expected to release one to three such games a year.
- The new strategy is to explore the market by releasing games from different genres. One of these is to be Project Survive, developed by studio BatField. The title will use the Unreal Engine 5 technology. At the same time, the company plans to port some of its games to mobile devices, VR devices, as well as to the medium of film and television.
From a local studio to a pan-European company
In an interview, CEO Marek Tyminski did not hide his pride and happiness about the dynamic development of his studio. CI Games was to undergo a major change in three years, transforming from a company operating exclusively in Poland into a developer and publisher with a pan-European reach.