A new promotion has started on the Humble Bundle website. This time it included Crusader Kings II with expansions. It's one of the best strategies of the decade, but many newcomers are scared away by the huge amount of DLC released since its launch. This package is a great opportunity to start get into the game because it contains all the big expansions released so far. To get them you have to spend only $15, while the same collection on Steam costs $200. Only small cosmetic expansions are missing from the set, which do not affect the gameplay.
The promotion has traditionally been divided into three thresholds. Achieving the first one requires paying $1, for which you will receive the following titles:
- Crusader Kings II - the basic version of the game,
- Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods - an expansion enabling you to play as a ruler of a pagan or zoroastrian state,
- Crusader Kings II: The Republic - DLC allowing you to taste the life of a head of a merchant family,
- Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion - an expansion presenting a strongly alternative history of the invasion of the Aztec empire on 13th-century Europe,
- Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome - an addition focusing on the legacy left by the Roman Empire,
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam - DLC, in which you take on the role of one of the Muslim rulers who led the Ottoman Empire and the Mamelukes.
Achieving the second threshold requires paying an amount higher than the average of all pledges (currently it is about $11). In return, you will receive the following expansions:
- Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords - DLC enriching the game with nomadic tribes of Mongols and Tatars,
- Crusader Kings II: Way of Life - DLC that expands the game with additional options and mechanics that affect the relationships between characters,
- Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne - an addition focusing on Charles the Great,
- Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India - expands the game to include India and Eastern Persia,
- Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham - DLC focusing on the development of the religious aspect of the gameplay.
The third threshold was set at the level of $15 and includes:
- Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury - an expansion focusing on northern crusades, also known as the baltic crusades,
- Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due - DLC enriching the game with new mechanisms related to epidemics,
- Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon - introduces China to the game, but not as a playable nation, but as an external force influencing the situation in the world,
- Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics - a DLC focusing on religious groups,
- Crusader Kings II: Conclave - expands and strengthens the role of vassals in the game.
Finally, let us remind that all Humble Bundle promotions support charity and it is the customers themselves who decide how much of their donations will be used for this purpose. This time the money will go to the Covenent House organization, but you can choose your own charity if you wish.
- Humble Bundle - official website
- Crusader Kings II - game guide