author: Adrian Werner
Hogwarts Legacy Will Start a Series After Generating 'Spectacular' Interest
Hogwarts Legacy is performing so spectacularly well that Warner Bros. has announced that the game will become the start of a series.
We already know that Hogwarts Legacy turned out to be a big hit. Now we have learned some additional details, which show the scale of the game's success.
- To date, players have spent more than 267 million hours in the game world. In addition, they have planted 393 million magical plants, brewed 242 million potions and defeated 1.25 billion evil wizards.
- Interest in the game is expected to be much greater than in the case of the Fantastic Beasts movie series. In the fan-made Harry Potter Wiki (available at Fandom.com), pages devoted to Hogwarts Legacy have a 39% higher score than those dedicated to the aforementioned movie series during the premiere periods of its sequels.
- On Twitch, between February 8 and 22, viewers watched a total of more than 55 million hours of content from Hogwarts Legacy. During those two weeks, it was the second most popular game on the service - only League of Legends fared better.
- Warner Bros. is so pleased with, as company officials put it, the "spectacular results" of Hogwarts Legacy that it sees the game as the beginning of a longer series. The creation of a sequel is therefore virtually certain.
- Success of Hogwarts Legacy is all the more noteworthy because Warner Bros. is currently the only major Hollywood studio that develops its own video games. Other companies, if they are even trying their hand at this market, outsource the development to third-party developers or simply sell licenses to their brands.
Hogwarts Legacy was released on February 10 on PC, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PlayStation 5. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 owners will have to wait until April 4 for its release, and Nintendo Switch users - until July 25.
The game has been a huge success. Hogwarts Legacy has achieved impressive sales results on Steam and one of the highest activity records for single player items. The title also beat the sales results of last year's Elden Ring in Europe.
We've prepared interactive maps for Hogwarts Legacy that contain the game's secrets, collectibles, Merlin trials, collection chests, ancient magic hotspots, sidequests and more. Make sure to check out our original guide and the interactive maps.
It is worth mentioning that the developers have no plans for DLCs for Hogwarts Legacy. Instead, it is possible that the game will get a screen adaptation in the form of TV show from HBO.
- Hogwarts Legacy - game guide
- Hogwarts Legacy - official website