An extensive FAQ has appeared on the website dedicated to Hogwarts Legacy, in which Avalanche Software and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have answered a handful of fundamental questions about the upcoming game. First and foremost it will offer only a single-player experience - there will be no multiplayer mode or co-op. As a consolation, the devs confirmed the information we mentioned last Friday - there will be no microtransactions in the game.
Hogwarts Legacy - selected topics from the FAQ
Full set of questions and answers can be found here. Below I quote some additional information that seems particularly interesting.
- J.K. Rowling is not involved in the development of Hogwarts Legacy but she supports Portkey Games (a division of WBIE dedicated to games from the Harry Potter universe). What's more, the writer's team supported the developer and publisher with their knowledge to make the game consistent with the lore of the series.
- Players will be able to choose their house at Hogwarts.
- In the game, we will be able to fly on a broomstick - this is to be the basic form of travel. In addition, we will be able to take part in flying lessons and races. Unfortunately there will probably be no quidditch games.
- There will also be the ability to tame, mount, and fly certain magical creatures.
- Examples of the subjects that you will be able to take as part of your Hogwarts education are: Spells, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, and Potions. As I mentioned earlier, there are also supposed to be broomstick flying lessons, but it seems that they will be a little less extensive compared to the other school classes.
If you have not already done so, I recommend you watch the gameplay from Hogwarts Legacy, which was presented at Thursday's State of Play. During the show we learned that the game will be released on PC, PS4, PS5, XONE, XSX/S and Switch around Christmas this year.