Rise of Azshara is finally here. In the latest, massive update to World of Wacraft, Blizzard listened to the players and corrected the biggest fan discontent so far. The devs added two new areas of the map to be discovered - Nazjatar and Mechagon. And there are many, many other additions. There's so many of them that the official video presenting the novelties takes over four minutes:
If you are level 120 and have World Quests unlocked, you will get a new mission to start the story of Rise of Azshara when you log in. In it, you will find:
- the aforementioned maps: first Nazjatar - a three-part story campaign, then Mechagon, with no world quests, but with story missions,
- new equipment (Benthic Gear), which we can buy with one of the new currencies (Manapearls),
- Azshara's Eternal Palace - a new 8-boss raid to take on the title queen; available from July 10 in Normal and Heroic mode, and from July 17 in Mythic,
- Operation Mechagon - new dungeon in Mythic mode with 8 bosses (from July 10),
- a new system of essences for the Heart of Azeroth,
- traditional armor for Taurens and Gnomes,
- new skills for mounts,
- new factions (offering help as bodyguards in Nazjatar),
- unlocked flying in Kul Tiras and Zandalar,
- continuation of the War Campaign.
- two new locations within the island expeditions (Crestfall and Snowblossom), with new animals and awards,
- new designs, gadgets and curiosities.
And so on, and so on. We wouldn't want to spoil you everything now, would we? Go, play and find out for yourselves!
We would also like to remind fans of the game that WoW Classic will have its launch on August 27.