No Man's Sky guide has the best starting tips, NEXT and ENDURANCE updates, Atlaspass, base building and development, increasing inventory space, multitool, and upgrading ships. We describe how to save the game, how to learn languages, how to leave the first planet and the first system. We discuss all raw materials, trade rules and economy.
- No Man's Sky: Guide content
- No Man's Sky: Tips and Tricks
- No Man's Sky: Basics
- No Man's Sky: FAQ
- No Man's Sky: Exploration
- No Man's Sky: Atlas Path
- No Man's Sky: Upgrades
- No Man's Sky: All trophies, achievements
- No Man's Sky: PC system requirements
No Man's Sky: Guide content
The No Man's Sky 2022 guide is for all novice players as well as for those who wanted to return to the game after its numerous updates. The basics section starts with a page with the best starting tips, which will certainly make the game easier for new players. We discuss the difficulty levels, the survival mode, and provide a detailed description of what to do at the beginning of the game.
No Man's Sky is all about exploring, discovering new lands and creating new things. To facilitate this, we have created a page dedicated to discovering new planets, systems and galaxies. We have included information on how to upgrade certain items and the multi-tool. We have created pages with detailed descriptions of how to upgrade your ship and suits, making it easier for you to navigate the game's vast world. We explain how to learn languages and the rules of trade and economics.
We've covered the Atlas path on separate pages. There you will find a list of all unique items and a detailed description of how to get the Atlaspass access card step by step.
The FAQ section provides answers to the most important questions. We explain how to acquire units, how to discover animal species, how to leave the first planet and the first system. You will learn how to rename newly discovered planets, systems and galaxies.
In the appendix, you will find pages describing the system requirements, controls and configuration of the game. No Man's Sky, due to the vastness of its world, is quite a demanding game hardware-wise. So we described exactly what you can change to make the game run smooth and look good at the same time. In addition, we have created a page about the controls to make your first hours easier. The appendix also lists all the trophies and achievements available on each platform.
We have devoted a separate section to the NEXT update which introduced a multiplayer mode, a lot of new resources, technological modules, rocket boots, a storage container and landing pads. We explain the operation of a portable refinery, hyperdrive and antimatter. We explain how to get items such as an ancient key, hermetic seal, thermal condenser.
No Man's Sky: Tips and Tricks
- Take care of the vital functions and do not leave your character outside the shelter. Being in toxic conditions consumes the energy of the life support system, which must be regularly recharged with fuel. If you want to leave the game for a while and walk away from the computer, it's safer to first make sure that your character is e.g. in the cockpit of your spaceship.
- Don't worry about the lack of basic resources. On each planet you will find all the essential elements for survival and fuel production. So you can always sell these items when visiting a space station or get rid of them if you need space in your inventory.
- Try to increase your inventory space as soon as possible. You can purchase additional suit and ship slots at space stations. You can also store your most valuable loot in containers you've built.
- Each time you exit your spaceship, the game will create an autosave. You can also carry a manual saving device with you or use save points found on planets.
- Look for monoliths and ancient relics. There you will learn new languages, obtain blueprints for a new technology, or receive improvements.
For more useful tips, see: Tips and Tricks.
No Man's Sky: Basics
The Basics section contains the most important information about the key mechanics in No Man's Sky.
- Difficulty levels - here you can read about all available game modes. We explain what is the difference between the normal mode, the survival mode and permadeath. At the end of the page, you'll find an overview of creative and expedition modes.
- Survival mode - learn how to start playing survival mode here. We suggest what resources you should save from the beginning of the game in order to survive in more difficult weather conditions and face stronger opponents.
- Economy - Each system in No Man's Sky has its own economy. On this page, we cover economy types and strength, selling and buying modifiers, economic scanner, and trade routes.
- Ships - in the game, you will find a lot of different ships. We have described all 9 types of spaceships in detail and explained where to buy or replace a ship. On this page, you will also find answers to the questions: is there an option to sell a ship and how to scrap a ship?
No Man's Sky: FAQ
In the FAQ section, we answer the most frequently asked questions about No Man's Sky.
- How to start the game? - here you will find useful tips on how to start playing No Man's Sky. We explained collecting resources, crafting and repairing items, installing technologies and modules.
- How to discover animal species? - here you will learn how to discover new species of fauna, flora and minerals and how to use the Analysis Visor.
- How to acquire units? - here we explain how to quickly get units, one of the currencies in No Man's Sky. We discuss a way to trade valuable elements.
- How to leave first planet? - on this page, we describe how to leave the first planet, repair the Analysis Visor, Pulse Engine and Launch Thruster.
- How to leave first system? - here you will learn what hyperdrive technology and antimatter are. We covered step by step how to build a Warp Cell to leave the first system.
- How to name planet or species? - on this page, you will learn how to rename newly discovered planets and species of fauna and flora.
- How to save the game? - here you will learn how to save the game in No Man's Sky, whether the game has autosaves and how to save the game manually.
- How to learn languages? - there are several alien races in the game and each of them uses a different language. On this page, we have explained how to learn Gek, Korvax, Vy'keen and Atlas languages.
No Man's Sky: Exploration
- Galaxy - from this page of the guide you will learn how to use the galaxy map and how to travel around it.
- System- on this page we described how to explore planetary systems, full of pirates and NPCs.
- Planet- read about the Exocraft and Signal Booster, which will help you explore planets.
No Man's Sky: Atlas Path
- Basics - on this page we give you the most important information about traveling the Atlas Path.
- Crafting - from this page you will learn how to produce an access card.
- Atlaspass v1 - on this page you will find a list of all the items you can craft.
No Man's Sky: Upgrades
- Exosuit - from this page you will learn how to upgrade your Exosuit.
- Multi-tool - on this page you will find a list of upgrades and how to increase your Multitool space.
- Ship - how to increase cargo space and how to get upgrade modules - you will learn this from our guide page.
- Exocraft - we explain how to buy an Exocraft and how you can upgrade it.
No Man's Sky: All trophies, achievements
In No Man's Sky you can earn 28 trophies. In our guide you will find a list of all trophies with their descriptions and author's commentary on how to get them.
You can find the full list at: Trophies/Achievements.
No Man's Sky: PC system requirements
Below are the minimum system requirements for No Man's Sky:
- Operating system: Windows 10/11 64-bits
- Processor: Intel Core i3
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics modes: Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB/AMD RX 470 4GB/Intel UHD graphics 630
- Disk space: 15 GB
The complete information about the game's requirements can be found on a separate page: System requirements.
About No Man's Sky 2022 Game Guide
Author : Michal "Czarny Wilk" Grygorcewicz & Piotr "MaxiM" Kulka for gamepressure.com
Guide contains : 14 pages, 62 images.
No Man's Sky NEXT
Last update : , visit No Man's Sky NEXT
Stage of progress : 15% completed. Last update : , visit Game Guide
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of No Man's Sky 2022 Game Guide
- No Man's Sky 2022: Nintendo Switch Controls No Man's Sky 2022 Guide. On this page of our guide we supplied controls for the Nintendo Switch version of No Man’s Sky. We’ve described the controls and divided them into categories based on the situation in game – on foot exploration, in flight or exploring the galactic map.
- No Man's Sky 2022: PS4 / PS5 Controls No Man's Sky 2022 Guide. On this page of our No Man’s Sky guide we list controls used in PS4/PS5 versions of the game. The individual sections are divided based on the situation in the game (on foot exploration, in flight, or getting around the galactic map).
- No Man's Sky 2022: Exosuit - upgrades, technology modules No Man's Sky 2022 Guide. This page of our No Man’s Sky guide is dedicated to the Exosuit – here you can find more about technology blueprints, upgrade modules and learn how to unlock additional inventory slots.
- No Man's Sky 2022: Economics - economy scanner, type of economy, trade routes No Man's Sky 2022 Guide. In No Man's Sky, each system has its own economy. We cover types of economy, economy strength, modifiers to selling and buying goods, economy scanner and trade routes.
- No Man's Sky 2022: PC keybinds No Man's Sky 2022 Guide. On this page of the guide you can view controls for the PC version of No Man’s Sky, divided into categories based on the situation in game (either on foot exploration, flight controls, or exploring the galactic map).
No Man's Sky Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Hello Games
- publisher: Hello Games
- platform: PS4, PC
More About No Man's Sky
If you have a PC and your friend has a PS4, that doesn't mean you can't play together. There are multiplayer crossplay games that you can still play even if you have different hardware. Here's a list of cross-platform games for 2023.
Two years after the launch of PS5, the console offers enough games to be a tempting option for undecided buyers. In the best PS5 games list below, we present our favorite games released in the last two years.
Availability of games on different platforms is an important thing! It's even better when the production in question offers cross-play. Then, we can play with other people without any restrictions, regardless of what we platform we own.
Indie games are customarily developed by relatively small teams, so they rarely bring "vast, open world" and complex decision systems. Nevertheless, some of them simply can dazzle you with their audiovisual design!
Modern games are big projects with big budgets. And whenever money is involved, it's not hard to find various pathological practices, aimed to maximize profit at the lowest possible cost. Here are seven common problems that the industry suffers from.