While we still don't know many details about the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (including even the release date), more and more reports and speculations about the shape of the new shooter from Infinity Ward appear on the web.
According to reports by Ralph Valve from WhatIfGaming, the new CoD will show us a significantly revamped SBMM (Skill Based Match Making) system. The editor reveal his source as "an employee closely associated with Call of Duty".
The new online matchmaking system is supposed to be fairer and take into account the actual level of players.
- Activision Blizzard has to look for ways to make the multiplayer module more attractive, especially after the not very successful CoD: Vanguard.
- Here's what one of the people working on the latest installment of the series had this to say about the new matchmaking:
"[It is - ed. note] complicated, but pragmatic. We're always looking for ways to improve every aspect that contributes to the success of the product - that's what our initiative is all about [...]. SBMM is one of those things, because it's really a matter of trial and error."
- According to reports, the system is supposed to be fairer for players of different skill levels. The new Call of Duty is expected to enable players who stand out on the plus side, as well as those with lesser talent, to play together.
Go smurf somewhere else!
Additionally, the developers intend to introduce Bot Pools (PvPvE) lobby, where only "eligible" players will be able to enter. Such a solution is supposed to protect weaker users from confrontation with experts, for whom they would be only an easy target.
- The system will use bots to measure the real level of players during a match and thus counteract the so-called smurfs, i.e. skilled users using low-ranked accounts.
- If detected, a smurf can even be disconnected from the server.
- This feature is intended to facilitate access for "specific groups" of users, so that as many fans of the series as possible can enjoy the multiplayer experience.
Of course, this information is still unconfirmed, but Ralph Valve is known for his meticulousness when it comes to rumors and speculation related to Call of Duty. So it is possible that he is right this time as well.
More for You:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Review – Nearly the Best CoD Ever
- CoD Modern Warfare 2 Announcement Later Than We Think