There are only twenty-four days left until the release of the highly anticipated Hogwarts Legacy on PC, PS5, and XSX/S. Admittedly, studio Avalanche Software and publisher Warner Bros. have been regularly releasing gameplay footage and other materials, but they haven't answered the questions that have been bothering gamers the most.
Some of the coveted information, however, leaked online today. Most of it reportedly comes from the game's official artbook - individual pages were posted on Twitter by a user by the handle Bigby (@ManwithSecrets_). If you want, you can see them here.
The most important revelations from the leak were collected the moderator of the r/GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit, known as Spheromancer. Their summary can be found below.
Hogwarts Legacy - game length
- Hogwarts Legacy is expected to offer a story campaign lasting about 35 hours.
- "Maxing out" the game, however, is expected to take twice as long - about 70 hours.
- What's more - players may want to go through the game multiple times, joining different Hogwarts houses.
Hogwarts Legacy - main missions
- The latter fragment is expected to make sense insofar as the main tasks performed in each house will be slightly different, e.g. in one of the houses, the player will visit Azkaban Prison, which they will not experience in the others.
- A visit to Azkaban may mean that it will be possible to learn the Patronus spell, but for the moment this is just a guess.
Hogwarts Legacy - side missions.
- In the game we will allegedly encounter many interesting side missions, including three directly related to the main plot and individual houses (Ravenclaw was reportedly left out for some reason).
- The task exclusive for the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game is also said to be interesting - so much so that it is recommended to play this edition if possible.
- The deadly Avada Kedavra spell is said to be learnable through one of the side quests available after the main storyline is completed.
- Hogwarts Legacy will reportedly offer around 100 varied Merlin puzzles.
- Significantly, it is reportedly recommended to complete as many side missions as possible before continuing with the main thread (could it be that grind is required, like in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey?).
Hogwarts Legacy - Quidditch and other activities.
- Quidditch games as such are not to be seen - this has been known for some time - however, it is possible to fly on a broomstick around Hogwarts (we will not be able to use it to go to, for example, Hogsmeade).
- The latter also applies to traveling on various types of mounts.
- It is supposedly possible to catch a phoenix in the game.
Finally, I would like to remind you of two things. First of all, the full system requirements of the PC version of Hogwarts Legacy, which were revealed last week. Secondly, the fact that the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch versions of the game will be released late compared to those on PC, PS5 and XSX/S. On PS4 and XOne, the game will come out on April 4, while Nintendo's console will see it on July 25.