IN A NUTSHELL:
- By the end of last year, 79.87 million Nintendo Switch consoles and 532.34 games dedicated to the platform had been sold worldwide;
- 11.57 million customers reached for Switch in the last quarter. Gamers also purchased 75.83 million games during the period;
- Sales of Nintendo games released last year: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - 2.84 million, Pikmin 3 Deluxe - 1.94 million, Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit - 1.08 million.
Thanks to Nintendo's latest financial report, we've learned that 79.87 million Nintendo Switch consoles have already been sold worldwide by the end of 2020. Moreover, in the last quarter alone the company's hybrid platform was chosen by 11.57 million users. The results are so good that Nintend decided to increase predictions for Switch sales between April 2020 and March 2021 by 2.5 million (from 24 million to 26.5 million).
The statistics for game sales for the hybrid console also look very impressive. In the last three months of 2020, customers purchased 75.85 million games dedicated to the device, while more than half a billion games (532.34 million to be precise) were moved since the platform's debut. Huge popularity is also enjoyed by exclusive titles created by studios belonging to Nintendo.
Sales figures for Nintendo games released last year were also revealed. For example, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity reached 2.84 million gamers (excluding Japan), while Pikmin 3 Deluxe found 1.94 million buyers. Over a million players (1.08 million to be exact) also decided to reach for the unusual racing game using augmented reality technology - Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit.
- Nintendo - official website
Top 10 Nintendo Switch Exclusives (sales since the launch of the console / game)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 33.41 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 31.18 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 22.85 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 21.45 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield - 20.35 million
- Super Mario Odyssey - 20.23 million
- Super Mario Party - 13.82 million
- Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! - 13.00 million
- Splatoon 2 - 11.90 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 9.82 million