Source: Steam | No Man's Sky
Many players remember very well how No Man's Sky looked like shortly after its release. The developers promised a unique experience and immense possibilities, but it turned out that the game was in fact an empty shell. Today, however, things are different. After years of work, improvements and numerous updates there is a plenty of things to do in No Man's Sky and some players, especially newcomers or those returning to the game after a long absence, are often confused and don't know how to find certain options. Today we're going to show how to assign a hood and a cape to your character in the game.
No Man's Sky - how to get the hood?
The hood was not automatically added to the customization options of the character. To get it, you must first complete the quest "Under the Rebel Star". To do so, you need to:
- Perform a flight on pulse engines around any normal star;
- When a disturbance (Emergency Broadcast Detected) appears, you must accept the coordinates and go to the indicated place;
- After completing the following steps, you must follow the "voice of freedom";
- After accepting the invitation, you will receive a "ticket to freedom";
- Thanks to it, you'll be able to reach the outlaw station, where, after talking to a few NPCs, you'll receive a hood, which can then be worn in the character customization menu.
No Man's Sky - how to get a cape?
The standard cape does not need to be unlocked, fortunately. In the character customization menu under the backpack there is a new tab called "customize cape", where you can activate it.
The exception is the "outlaw cape", because this one can be unlocked only after completing expedition six.
If you are looking for even more information on No Man's Sky you may also be interested in our other tutorials, in which we described how to create your own squadron and how to find the pirates.
More about No Man's Sky: