- Age of Empires IV recorded the best debut in the history of the RTS genre;
- Back 4 Blood, New World and Inscryption are still selling well;
- The launch of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy can be considered a success.
As every Monday, the list of Steam's biggest (by revenue) bestsellers of the previous week was released. The biggest highlight is the s[ectacular debut of Age of Empires IV. Different editions of this RTS took up to three places in the top ten, including the most important top spot.
The game is doing very well. Yesterday it set a new activity record at the level of 73,928 people playing simultaneously on Steam. This is the highest score in the history of the series and definitely the best debut in the RTS category. Only Company of Heroes 2 and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion can boast higher records, but in both cases they were set right after sales enabling players to get these titles for free.
What's more, AoE4's impressive result on Steam does not fully reflect the game's popularity. The game is also sold on Microsoft Store and from relaase day it is also available as part of the Game Pass subscription. It is worth noting that the game not only sells well, but was also warmly received. On Steam, 83% of user reviews praise this title, which is categorized as a "very positive reception".
As far as the rest of the list is concerned, New World and Back 4 Blood are still doing very well, taking the third and fourth place respectively.
One of the successes is the release of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, which debuted at spot number five. It is also worth noting the sustained high sales of the independent Inscryption. In addition, Steam users still eagerly buy pre-orders of Football Manager 2022 and Forza Horizon 5.
- Age of Empires 4 Review - The Return of the RTS King
- Marvelís Guardians of the Galaxy Review: Brilliant Banter
The biggest Steam hits of the last week (by revenue):
Football Manager 2022 (pre-order)
Forza Horizon 5 (pre-order)
More for You:
- Age of Empires 4 With a Great Launch on Steam
- Age of Empires 4 Launches Today; Fans Have Waited 16 Years
- First Reviews: Age of Empires 4 - Another Hit on Game Pass
- Age of Empires 4 PC Full System Requirements
- Age of Empires 4's New Official Gameplay Shows Multiplayer
- Extensive Gameplay Footage From Age of Empires 4 Leaked Online
- Age of Empires 4 Trailer Presents Next Civilization and Campaign