IN A NUTSHELL:
- A job listing on the website of Sucker Punch Productions suggests that the studio is working on a sequel to Ghost of Tsushima;
- The studio seeks a Combat Systems Designer well versed in the game's mechanics.
A job offer appeared on the website of Sucker Punch Productions, suggesting that the developer is already working on a sequel to the well-received Ghost of Tsushima. The team seeks a Combat Systems Designer, and one of the listed requirements for candidates is "Must have played Ghost of Tsushima and understand its core combat systems"
There's no other reference to last year's blockbuster on the offer, but experience in designing melee combat systems and progression mechanics is also said to be among pluses. Everything points to the fact that the developers want to create a title with battles similar to Ghost of Tsushima, but at the same time they plan to develop the system as well.
Taking into account the great reception and exceptional sales results, we can be pretty sure that Ghost of Tsushima 2 will be created. We'll probably have to wait a few years for the game, so it's possible that it will be available exlusively to PlayStation 5 owners. We'll have to wait for the official announcement for more details.
- Ghost of Tsushima Review - The Last Wind of PlayStation 4
- Ghost of Tsushima - game guide
- Ghost of Tsushima - official website