- Netflix announced Assassin's Creed TV series, whose executive producers will be Jason Altman and Danielle Kreinik from Ubisoft;
- In addition, the platform will prepare animated series dedicated to the eternal conflict between Assassins and Templars;
- The premiere dates of these productions, as well as details of their cast are not yet known.
Netflix is preparing the TV series set in the universe ofmAssassin's Creed. As can be read in the official Twitter announcement, Jason Altman (Senior Vice President and Director of Film & Television) and Danielle Kreinik (Director of Television Development) from Ubisoft (or more precisely, from Ubisoft Film & Television, founded in 2011) will be its executive producers. In addition, we learned that a person for the position of showrunner is currently being sought.
However, this is not the end of the story, as Deadline also informs that under the agreement concluded between Netflix and the French publisher, the former will also prepare a traditional animation and anime telling the story of an eternal conflict between assassins and templars.
Representatives of both companies are very happy about the cooperation. Peter Friedlander, who represents Netflix, talks about the excitement of the "rich, multilayered storyline", for which he "loves the Assassin's Creedseries". He promises that the series will provide us with "epic and exciting entertainment". He is seconded by the aforementioned Altman, who calls this production "the next saga in the Assassin's Creeduniverse" (via Deadline).
It is worth reminding that apart from the live-action series, Netflix prepares movies based on such Ubisoft brands as Tom Clancy's The Division and Beyond Good & Evil; additionally, four seasons of Rabbids Invasion have appeared on the platform before.
- Ubisoft - official website
- Netflix - official website