In 2012, SCS Software released Euro Truck Simulator 2. Despite the years and a specific genre, this title remains popular and boasts an active modding scene. Among the available mods, we can find simple texture swaps for trucks and roads, but also mods improving graphics or the economic system in the game, as well as huge projects adding completely new areas to travel down to.
ETS2 mods – list
- Page 2 - ProMods - map expansion, AI Traffic Pack - more car models, Online Fuel Price Updater - real fuel prices
- Page 3 - Realistic Graphic Mod - nicer graphics, Improved Vehicle Lights, Realistic Physics Mod - improved physics, SiSL's Mega Pack - additional accessories, Improved Environment Sound - new sounds, City Lighting - city lights, Realistic Rain - beautiful drops on the window
- Page 4 - Real European Gas Stations, RealEuropean Companies, Google Maps Navigation - everyday navigation, Real Traffic Density and Ratio - more vehicles on the road, Real Advertisements – burgers, cola and chicken.
The available mods allow you to customize the game to your liking – more realism, better graphics and light effects, new trucks, cars and accessories, a larger map or improved driving physics and driver behavior on the road. You could say that fans have reinvented and created everything anew, and yet, new mods continue to appear.
With fan-made add-ons, Euro Truck Simulator 2 can be completely transformed and given a second life. The shortcomings of the original have long since been eliminated by modders, and the content of the game is constantly expanded by new mods.
Whether you're looking for simple improvements – such as new gas stations or real fuel prices – or new countries to visit, you should find something here.
In just a little while, we'll be celebrating the 10th birthday of Euro Truck Simulator 2. Despite the years, the truck sim are still popular, so we have prepared another set of mods to improve the game. With them, the game can be enhanced with Google navigation, real-life ads, or increased traffic. There were also lighting and rain corrections.
Installation of mods
Before you start downloading and installing various mods, be warned that any tampering with the files can damage the game. We recommend backing up your driver profile before attempting to install any mods.
Installing mods to Euro Truck Simulator 2 is usually very easy. There are currently two sources of mods:
- The Steam Workshop – when using the platform, installation is simply a matter of clicking the Subscribe button next to the mod you are interested in. The program will do all the work itself and save the downloaded files accordingly.
- Moders' websites, fan portals – a large number of mods on the Internet have their own installers, so the case is similar to that on Steam. However, if the author has provided only a .scs or .zip file, place it in the mod folder, which is located on the main drive in the Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2 directory.
Installed modifications only need to be activated in the game's mod manager. To access it, you need to go to edit your driver profile. Some add-ons require a bit more effort, in which case you will find detailed installation instructions under the mod description.
Note that not all modifications work with every version of Euro Truck Simulator 2. Some mods require specific releases or owning some of the paid DLCs. If this is the case, you will find a note to that effect in the add-on description.