author: Radek Wacha
Refresh Your Euro Truck Simulator 2 Experience With These Mods!
Eleven years have passed since the release of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and fans are still creating modifications to improve the game. Here is a pack of the most interesting mods that have appeared for ETS2.
ProMods – map expansion
For starters, a mod that can confidently compete with paid DLCs. ProMods comprehensively revamps the game map, introducing previously unavailable countries and cities, as well as improving the existing ones. The goal of the authors was to create a world in which individual countries can be recognized not by checking maps or signs, but by characteristic landscapes, vegetation and buildings. In addition to this, each state introduces traffic regulations, road signs and license plates.
These new countries and territories include Andorra, Bulgaria, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain and Ukraine. In these areas, there are dozens of new, detailed cities. In turn, over 100 towns and cities have been added or improved in the existing countries, and many roads have been improved to make the whole thing look more realistic than in the original game.
In the added cities, you can complete orders or use workshops, so they are not just locations to explore, but also a functional part of the game. Of course, there are plenty of new roads that allow you to admire the meticulously created landscapes and give you the opportunity to travel hundreds of kilometers.
The ProMods mod requires the following DLCs to work properly: Going East!, Scandinavia, Vive la France!, Italia, Beyond the Baltic Sea, Road to the Black Sea and Iberia.
- Create an account on the mod's site.
- Go to this subpage, select the latest version (in this case Promods 2.64, working with ETS2 1.46.x), click the Installer in the Download Links section and follow the further instructions.
- Next, you need to generate a def file, in which you can to set the cab sound volume, plant fade distance, and damage level, among other things.
- Download the def file, as well as all the eight files (in the free option) that you will see on the next page. Paste the downloaded content into a single folder. Below that there's also a testing tool; save this file in the same folder.
- Go to the directory with all the downloads and run the TestFiles.exe file there. If everything goes well, proceed to the next step. If the test fails, download these files again.
- Unpack the promods-v263 archive and transfer all .scs files from the extracted folder along with the previously created def file to My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod directory your main drive.
- Finally, go to the in-game mod manager and activate the ProMods files.