There are many crafting ingredients in God of War Ragnarok - some can be found literally everywhere, others, like those needed to upgrade Kratos' weapons, are rewards for specific activities.
- Weapon upgrade ingredients
- Other gear upgrade ingredients
- List of crafting ingredients
- How to get Sparkling, Purified and Gleaming crystals?
Weapon upgrade ingredients
Upgrading weapons requires certain rare crafting ingredients which are obtained as you progress through the main story and explore the world of God of War Ragnarok.
- Leviathan Axe: upgrading the Axe requires Frozen Flames.
- Blades of Chaos: upgrading the Blades requires Chaos Flames.
- Draupnir Spear: upgrading the Spear requires Gale Flames.
Other gear upgrade ingredients
You'll find ingredients required to upgrade armor and hilts in chests while exploring, in different areas across the map or by defeating enemies. You'll end up with a ton of ingredients by simply playing the game, so you should be able to easily upgrade your equipment and comfortably beat GoW Ragnarok.
Some ingredients available in GoW Rangarok can also be purchased at dwarven shops. If you run out of a certain ingredient, you can buy them with hacksilver.
We recommend not to sell any crafting ingredients you'll find in God of War Ragnarok, but rather use them to become stronger.
Repairing damaged slots in the Amulet of Yggdrasil requires special items, Jewels of Yggdrasil. You'll find most of them by progressing through God of War Ragnarok's main storyline.
List of crafting ingredients
Below we've listed all the crafting ingredients available in God of War Ragnarok:
- Forged Iron: can be found throughout the world and in red chests.
- Dwarven Steel: can be found throughout the world and in red chests.
- Asgardian Ingot: can be found throughout the world and in red chests. In addition, it can be obtained after purifying the crystals in the Wishing Well (Vanaheim).
- Bonded Leather: can be dropped by elite enemies, such as Phantoms, and found in red chests.
- Shattered Rune: can be found throughout the world in various locations.
- Whispering Slab: can be found in legendary chests.
- Rawhide: can be found throughout the world and in red chests.
- Honed Metal: can be found throughout the world and in red chests.
- Slag Deposit: can be found in coffins and chests. Appears throughout Svartalfheim and in Svartalfheim rivers.
- Dust of Realms: can be found inside rifts.
- Petrified Bone: can be found throughout the world and in red chests.
- Stonewood: can be found throughout the world and in red chests.
- Luminous Alloy: can be found throughout the world and in red chests. In addition, this material can be obtained after purifying the crystals in the Wishing Well (Vanaheim).
- Beast Scraps: dropped by defeated beasts.
- Beast Bone: dropped by defeated beasts and beast bosses.
- Sovereign Coals: can be found in draugr holes.
- Essence of Hel: obtained by closing Hel tears.
- Lindwyrm Scales: obtained by capturing lindwyrms.
- Dragon Tooth: dropped by defeated dragons or dreki.
- Crackle of Bliskirnir: ingredient guarded by the Kol Raiders in Midgard - Animal Instincts favour.
- Nar's Cup: dropped by defeated Nar.
- Skirnir's Gambanteinn: obtainable only by defeating an optional boss in Alfheim, the Grave Belly - The Desert Door favour.
- Nidavellir Ore: needed to make Nidavellir Armour. Obtainable after completing the side activity In Service of Asgard.
How to get Sparkling, Purified and Gleaming crystals?
While exploring the Crater in Vanaheim, you will come across the crystals shown in the above screenshot. By smashing them, you will get crystal shards, which you must later bring to the Wishing Well.
You can find the Wishing Well in the place marked in the image above. Just interact with the lake to convert the crystal shards into crafting components.
By purifying the crystal shards in the Crater's waters, you can get their better versions.
- Purified Crystalline: material needed to upgrade armor parts to level 9.
- Sparkling Crystal: another material needed to upgrade armor parts to level 9.
- Gleaming Crystal: material needed to upgrade attachements to level 9.