author: Hubert Sledziewski
Tokyo Game Show 2022 Looks Big, Even Microsoft is Going [UPDATED]
Tokyo Game Show 2022 will take place in just two weeks. What can we expect from this year's edition of the Japanese fair? What games will we see? We summarize the information revealed so far.
Industry media are reporting more games to be unveiled at Tokyo Game Show 2022.
- Armored Core VI - rumors appeared on the web that at the conclusion of TGS 2022, Bandai Namco is to reveal the next installment of Armored Core, this time by FromSoftware, which is reportedly in the final stages of development.
- Ace Combat (8) - it is possible that Bandai Namco will also announce another (perhaps the eighth major) part of the series of arcade flight simulators Ace Combat, which is expected to be developed for some time by the team at Project Aces.
- Suidoken - there is also no shortage of speculation about the "globally-loved brand" that Konami intends to resurrect. Recent refreshing of the rights to the Suikoden trademark may mean that we are in for the first installment of this popular RPG series since 2008.
This year's Tokyo Game Show will be held from September 15 to 18. This means there is still some time left until the event, but we already know some of the games we will see at it, some others we simply guess.
Therefore, we decided to prepare a list of games that are likely to be presented at Tokyo Game Show 2022. You can find it below.
Tokyo Game Show 2022 - games
- Remasters of Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Konami has announced that it will show a new installment of a "globally-loved brand." Rumors suggest, that these are to be refreshed versions of the first three MGS games.
- It is possible, however, that this is a remake of Silent Hill 2, which may be developed at Polish studio Bloober Team or an adventure game set in this universe, similar to Until Dawn, created reportedly by Annapurna Interactive.
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - Team Ninja has confirmed its presence at the event. There is a good chance that we will see a longer gameplay from its upcoming soulslike game and we will learn the exact release date.
- Final Fantasy XVI - the game is on Square Enix's trade show schedule, and its director, Naoki Yoshida, has promised a new trailer this fall. In addition, the company may show Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion, Forspoken, Star Ocean: The Divine Force and Valkyrie Elysium.
- Street Fighter VI - Capcom intends to showcase the PSVR2 version of the game. A similar demonstration is also expected to take place for Resident Evil Village.
- Microsoft will provide new information on some games from the Xbox Game Studios family that may be of interest to Asian gamers.
In addition, Happinet announced that at the Tokyo Game Show 2022 will definitely showcase such upcoming games as, among others:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
- Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
- Mato Anomalies
- Gungrave G.O.R.E.
- Little Witch Nobeta
Tokyo Game Show 2022 - shows
The complete schedule of shows to be held during Tokyo Game Show 2022 is shown in the graphic below