This page of the guide lists the most common errors and technical problems found in Saints Row (2022). These are usually missions not progressing, certain activities not working properly or the game slowing down. We've provided solutions to the listed issues.
- Frame drops, stutters
- Getting stuck in the environment
- Glitches related to other characters
- Getting your vehicle stuck during a chase
- Bugs related to enemies outside the mission area
- Guns not firing
- Current mission objective not displaying
Frame drops, stutters
Unfortunately, Saints Row 2022 is quite poorly optimized. The game's system requirements are high compared to the offered visuals, the game often suffers from frame drops and stuttering, especially when traversing the world at high speeds and during large enemy encounters:
- If you're playing on the PC you should try lowering the graphics' quality - disabling some details, visual effects, setting a lower resolution. Make sure both your operating system and graphics card drivers are up-to-date. The system requirements page of our guide contains recommended hardware for various visual modes (such as 1080p 30 FPS or 1440p 60 FPS).
- If you're playing on console, you have a few visual modes to choose from. If you notice frame drops it could help to set a lower resolution (such as 1080p instead of 1440p or 4K) and select performance mode, which prioritizes frame rate over visual quality.
Getting stuck in the environment
Sometimes your character or your vehicle can get stuck. There are ways to limit this issue.
- If you're traveling on foot, try to avoid climbing up to mountain peaks and climbing ledges when it's not necessary. Otherwise you might get stuck. If it happens, try jumping or dodging to break free.
- If you're traveling in a vehicle, don't enter narrow alleys when driving big cars. Avoid driving over larger obstacles too, as getting off them could prove problematic. If you get stuck, leave the vehicle - if the door is blocked off, you'll be teleported outside the car. You can also try to drift or use the boost, if you have it equipped.
Glitches related to other characters
During combat some characters can get stuck, glitch out and block other characters from progressing - this applies both to allies (example pictured above happened while taking over the church) and enemies.
You can usually ignore this issue. Enemies who get stuck become easy targets, and allies should get teleported out of their predicament after a moment, rejoining the fray.
Getting your vehicle stuck during a chase
Sometimes vehicles driven by NPCs may get stuck while you're serving as a passenger. Above we've pictured such a situation which happened during the Be Your Own Boss mission - the Saints' truck got stuck on a large rock during their escape.
Usually the only solution is to load the previous checkpoint and trying again.
Bugs related to enemies outside the mission area
Some missions in Saints Row automatically fail if you move too far away from their area. It's not a problem by itself, but it becomes an issue when the enemies spawn outside the mission area. In the example pictured above, the enemies spawned on the highway above the protagonist and couldn't be reached without failing the mission.
We had to load the previous checkpoint to fix this. If the problem persists, try a different strategy in combat - stay closer to the main mission area and let the enemies come to you. There's a chance that this time they'll spawn correctly.
Guns not firing
Sometimes your guns can glitch out and refuse to fire. In the example pictured above, our gun turned in our hands by 90 degrees and wouldn't fire no matter how long we tried.
The only solution is to load your most recent save, as this error won't go away on its own.
Current mission objective not displaying
During story missions the current mission objective is always displayed in the upper left corner. There exists a bug which stops displaying this information.
Theoretically, you can still keep playing - the icons of areas and objects tied to mission objectives will keep appearing. Still, the game won't tell you exactly what to do. If you want the objectives back, reset the game - loading the latest checkpoint most likely won't help and the bug can persist in subsequent missions.