This morning another edition of Nintendo Direct took place, during which the Japanese company presented new games, shared information on previously announced productions and released fresh videos. All the titles listed below will appear on the Nintendo Switch console.
Today's Nintendo Direct presentation began with a trailer for Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch, which will be released on the Switch console on October 15, this year. You can read more about the port of this popular online shooter in separate news.
Return of the Obra Dinn
Recognized by players and critics, the detective adventure game Return of the Obra Dinn will also see its port to Nintendo Switch. Produced by Lucas Pope, the creator of Papers, Please, the game is distinguished by its unusual visuals. The work debuted last year on PC, where it received many industry awards (including the title of the independent game of the year at the IGF Awards 2019). The version for the Switch console will be released this autumn. You will find out more in a separate news.
Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise
One of the most surprising moments of today's presentation was certainly the announcement of Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise. In the continuation of the iconic production, once again developed by Hidetaka "SWERY" Suehiro, we will play the role of two FBI agents in different cities and time periods. One of the playable characters is Francis York Morgan, known from the first part (in hwhose skin we will visit New Orleans in 2005), and the second is the debuting Aaliyah Davis (residing in Boston fourteen years later). The game will be released on Nintendo Switch in 2020.
In addition, a refreshed version of the first part of the series, entitled Deadly Premonition Origins, is available today in the eShop. The game costs 25 pounds.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition
During Nintendo Direct presentation Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition for Nintendo Switch console was announced and immediately released. The title supports the cross-save function with the game edition available on Steam. This means that holders of both releases can freely transfer their progress from one platform to another - a useful option, especially for such a long game as Original Sin 2. The production is available on the Nintendo console beginning with today.
Plans to release a refreshed version of Doom 64 were not the most closely guarded secrets in the world. During today's Nintendo Direct Pete Hines from Bethesda Softworks officially announced that the title will be released on Nintendo Switch on November 22, this year.
Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online
The Nintendo Switch Online service will be enriched with titles from the Super Nintendo console. The first games are to appear on the website today. The games will have an option to wind and rewind the game (thanks to which we will be able to go back a few seconds, e.g. in case of a fouled jump), and also offer the possibility to play with other people (locally or via the Internet).
In addition, Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will be able to purchase a special controller, resembling the original SNES gamepad, for the Switch console. In the United States, the price of the gadget was set at $20.
Star Wars: Jedi Knight Series
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast will be released on the Nintendo Switch console on September 24, this year, and a bit later (at the beginning of 2020) another classic title from the series, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy will be released on the platform. You can read more about it in separate news.
Xenoblade Chronicles - Definitive Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles, 2010 jRPG from Monolith Soft, will be remastered. Originally released on Nintendo Wii, five years after its release it was ported to 3DS as Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. The version for the Switch console will be released in 2020.
- Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection, which consists of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed: Rogue, will be released on December 6, this year - more information about the set can be found in a separate news;
- Luigi's Mansion 3 will receive a multiplayer Scream Park mode in which 2 to 8 players will be able to compete against each other in a single arena;
- Super Kirby Clash is a new free-to-play PvE game for four players with Kirby in the lead role - the title is now available for download;
- Trials Of Mana, a remake of Seiken Densetsu 3, a Super Famicom console RPG (the Japanese equivalent of SNES), will be released on April 24, 2020;
- Town, a new game from Game Freak studio, has changed its title - from now on it is called Little Town Hero; the work will debut on October 16, this year; the soundtrack of the game will be the responsibility of Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale;
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, a crossover of Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei, released on the Wii U in 2015, will be ported to Nintendo Switch as Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore; the agme will be released on January 17, 2020;
- Hi-Rez Studios, creators of Smite and Paladins: Champions of the Realm, among others, are preparing a new team shooter for Nintendo's console - Rogue Company will debut in 2020; more information in a separate news;
- On September 19, Devil May Cry 2 will be released on the Nintendo Switch console;
- In October this year Focus Home Interactive will release two games on the Switch platform: Call of Cthulhu (October 8) and Vampyr (October 29).
- Banjo and Kazooie are now available in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Terry Bogard from the Fatal Fury series will soon join the group of playable warriors;
- Daemon X Machina has received a new demo today, which includes the very beginning of the game and the option to transfer progress to the full version, which will be released on September 13, this year.
- Nintendo official website