The fourteenth and penultimate horde in They Are Billions in the Infected Swarm mission. There are only 20 units to kill, however, they are the Infected Giants. This chapter contains a walkthrough and tips for this rather difficult mission.
How to unlock and goals
How to unlock: after the completion of The Wasteland of the Giants mission
- Destroy all infected.
- Survive all the hordes.
- Considering who you have to fight, instead of fortifications invest in better army, composed exclusively of Soldiers. They're cheap to recruit, and besides, they can take a few giant hits.
- Use most of the Empire points to deploy your troops. There should be around 400 of them. The remaining points are used to set several rows of Stakes Trap or Wire Fence Trap at each input. This will slow the giant down a bit, giving you time to react.
- Also, deploy also 5-6 Ranger at each entrance. Their goal will be to divert the attention of giants to buy you extra time.
- When the mission begins, wait for information from which direction the enemies will come. When the icon appears on the mini-map, send the whole army there. Use 1-2 Rangers to distract the giants, so that the soldiers could get to their destination.
- Order the Soldiers to attack one target - the giant will die within seconds. After you kill the enemies, the next will most likely appear on the map. Use Rangers to slow down the movement of giants and send soldiers there.
- Repeat the whole process until all the enemies come and complete the mission.
In the end, a few tips related to this Horde of the Infected, namely:
- During this mission, do not use other units. Snipers will die from a single blow, in addition giants' attacks are aerial killing several units at a time. In addition, the Snipers are very slow and cannot get to the other side on time.
- Classic fortifications - wasp cannons, with soldiers and snipers behind them-can be tested here, but the described method is much more effective. Giants are able to destroy even 2-3 cannons at the same time after 3 attacks, fortifications will fall so quickly.
- To make the task easier, you can train more Rangers to distract enemies longer.