After two pretty quiet missions (The Oasis and The Lonely Forest) in They Are Billions campaign, it is time for The Valley of Death mission. During this mission, you won't have to defend against the infected hordes, however, the difficulty level is probably the highest among the completed ones. In this chapter, you will find a walkthrough and tips related to The Valley of Death mission.
How to unlock and goals
How to start: unlocked after completing The Lowlands mission
- Colony population: 1,500.
- Destroy all infected.
- Destroy all Villages of Doom
- Special properties of the card: Far horizon (units visibility increased by 10%) and Very active infected (the infected attention is increased by 30%).
- This mission is quite unique due to the special properties of the map - enemies will have 30% increased attention making them respond more aggressively to any noise. Keep that in mind.
- Start building as always, but try to avoid placing buildings in green areas - these will be useful for the Farms. Build 3 Tents on the sandy terrains to the west from the starting place, and then place 2 Hunter's Cottage near the trees. Build a few Tents. Collect 300 gold and then place a Sawmill.
- Send units to eliminate enemies in the surrounding areas. If possible, try to use Rangers - these units don't attract the attention of enemies, unlike Soldiers or Snipers.
- Start expanding to the north where you can find a stone deposit - place a Quarry in that place. Then, stretch the base to the west where you can find iron.
- Once you build a Quarry at the iron deposit, surround the colony with a wall - the enemies will not attack you too often, but it is necessary to protect yourself in case of attracting too much attention.
- Expand the colony gradually and start training Soldiers and Snipers, in a proportion of 3:1. When you have a squad consisting of 15-20 units, start to be more aggressive in eliminating enemies on the map.
- Pay attention to the 2 yellow flags on the map - they mark Villages of Doom, your targets. Try to destroy them when your army is consisting of at least 30-40 units. Once the villages are destroyed, focus on eliminating the remaining infected.
Below you can find a few tips that will make The Valley of Death mission much easier. Namely:
- Try not to build anything on the green areas located to the east of the starting location - you need them for Farms which are very helpful during the first few days of the mission.
- Use Rangers to eliminate enemies near the colony, at least until you have recruited ~10 soldiers. One wrong shot of a Soldier or Sniper can lure a group of up to 50 enemies to the colony - you won't be able to defeat them at the beginning of the mission.
- Surround your colony with a wall after expanding a little bit - this will help you survive the attacks when one of your units attracts too much attention.
- Don't try to destroy Villages of Doom if your army doesn't consist of at least ~ 30 units. When you attack these villages, several hundreds of enemies will get out of them - you need enough strength to stop them from reaching the colony.
- There is no time limit - you don't need to be in a hurry.