The Nest of the Harpy is another mission of the main campaign in They Are Billions. For the first time during the campaign you will encounter harpies, extremely fast opponents with a unique ability to break through the walls. During this mission, you will need to eliminate a few hundred units of these enemies. In this chapter you will find a walkthrough and advice related to The Nest of the Harpy mission available in story mode.
How to unlock and goals
Unlock method: unlock it after completing the frozen The Frozen Lake mission.
- The number of colonies: 1600.
- Destroy all infected.
- Destroy all Villages of Doom.
- Restriction: the mission must be completed within 70 days.
- At the beginning, pay attention to a huge group of enemies located in the upper right corner of the map - these are Harpy, to which we will return later.
- Start the mission as usual - set up 3 Tents, then wait for the gold to flow and build 2 Hunter Cottages. For the rest of the gold build more Tents. Collect 300 gold to construct the Sawmill and build some more tents.
- In the meantime, send troops to scout the area. Be careful not to get too deep the map - enemies here are much more aggressive than in previous missions, and you will also encounter a new opponent.
- During this mission you will meet Harpies for the first time (in story campaign) - a new opponent. These are the fastest units in the game, dealing massive damage - a Ranger will be killed in a split second if Harpy attacks him. For this reason, you should not explore too much land around the base, because these creatures may be lurking in the vicinity. Remember that Harpies can jump over the wall.
- Start your expansion to the north - where you will find the deposit of stones on which the Quarry can be constructed. You'll find iron west of the stones and rocks.
- Build quarries on iron and stone deposits and then construct a wall around a base from east and west to prevent enemies from entering and infecting the buildings.
- It's worth clearing the eastern part of the map early - you'll find a lot of built-up areas there, and there's not a lot of enemies to kill.
- Systematically expand your colony, expanding the base to the north. When you reach approximately the center of the map, you will encounter Harpies regularly - Rangers are best suited for their elimination due to their damage and endurance. 3-4 Soldiers can eliminate a Harpy before it gets to them.
- When you've cleared most of the map from enemies, prepare for the final battle with hordes of Harpies in the top right corner of the screen. To eliminate them you need a large army of soldiers and snipers. If time is running out, create an army of 25-30 Soldiers and 30-40 Snipers - this formation will allow you to deal with the monsters without incurring excessive losses.
To sum the things up, a handful of advice on The Nest of the Harpy story mission:
- The first horde of the infected will appear on the 16th day - but you have nothing to worry about, there is a lot of time to prepare, and the horde itself will not be too numerous.
- It is worth to focus on cleaning up the areas located to the east - there is a lot of space for development, especially Farms. Expansion of this area will significantly facilitate the completion of the mission.
- Don't send small troops (2-3 units) to clear the area - from about the middle of the map there will be Harpies among the enemies, which can defeat such small groups of units alone or inflict heavy damage to your troops.
- Do not recruit Rangers during this mission. With the exception of a few units that are worth training as long as the access to the Soldiers is difficult, these units should not be recruited because of the presence of Harpy - Rangers are useless in the fight against Harpies.
- Don't attack a Harpy group in the top right corner of the map without a suitable army - if you provoke them and can't deal with them, they can start invading the colony and quickly infect a lot of buildings. Remember that the walls will not stop them - they can jump over them.