Excluding some of the Infected Swarm missions, The Lowlands is the biggest challenge in They Are Billions yet. The reason for this is a small map, which is why a lot of enemies, especially the "runners" are right near the starting location. In this chapter, you will find a walkthrough and tips related to The Lowlands mission.
How to unlock and mission objectives
How to start: unlocked after completing The Lowlands mission.
- Colony population: 1,500.
- Restriction: the mission must be completed within 70 days.
- As always, start with building 3 Tents, a Fisherman's Cottage and Hunter's Cottage. Once you get enough gold, place a Sawmill. If you still have extra gold, spend it on more Tents. Quickly establish a Quarry on the stone deposit which is near the main building.
- Clear the terrains around the base - be careful not to attract too much attention.
- Build Soldier's Center as fast as possible and start training units - you need them because the first horde will come on day 18. Besides that, there are plenty of enemy units around your terrains.
- Surround the base with a single-row wall before day 4-5 - this will stop the attacks on your base.
- Start expanding your territories to the south - there, you will find fewer enemies than in the north. Thanks to that, the expansion process will go smoother.
- Start building fortifications on the 15th day - the horde will arrive on day 18. The Infected Swarm will most likely come from the north - place as many units and fortifications as you can in that area.
- After defeating the first horde, focus on the rapid increase of your population - reaching the 1,500 colonists limit is possible before the second Infected Swarm arrives.
Below you can find a few tips for The Lowlands mission:
- Don't go crazy with expanding and fighting the infected located around the base - a significant portion of them are "runners" who can rush towards your units.
- It is necessary to clear the map in step-by-step by sending a large strike group, instead of spreading troops throughout the map. It is also recommended to start expansion to the south, where there are fewer infected.
- Try to quickly surround the base with a wall - enemies start near your base. A single "runner" can infect a few buildings - when that happens, you will fail the mission.
- The Wasp turrets are perfect for this mission - they are great for protecting the protruding points even in from several enemies. Also, their construction cost is not excessively high.