The eighth in order Infected Swarm mission in They Are Billions introduces significant changes. During it, you will fight only with Harpies, enemies which can be found during The Nest of the Harpy mission. This chapter contains a walkthrough and tips for this rather difficult type of missions.
How to unlock and goals
How to start: unlocked after completing The Nest of the Harpy mission.
- Destroy all infected.
- Survive all the hordes.
- You have to defeat 2,000 Harpies - these enemies are significantly different from the previous meaning that it is necessary to use a different tactic here.
- The enemies will come from four directions - from the north, east and along two paths in the south.
- The map is full of terrain obstacles and narrowings that can be used to your advantage.
- Start the mission from placing a row of Wasps to protect all sides except the one in the west - enemies won't come from here. Then, place 2 rows of Soldiers behind the Wasps.
- Leave 500-800 Empire Points and use them to place numerous Stakes Traps. Use the terrain to your advantage - there are plenty of narrowings and stones among which you can place Stakes Traps. You should place them in 2-3 rows in front of Wasps - they will slow down the Harpies.
Finally, we present a list of tips related to this challenging mission:
- Don't even think to recruit Rangers or Snipers. Rangers are worse than Soldiers when it comes to offensive stats, while Snipers shoot too slow to be able to handle the lightning fast Harpies.
- During this mission, it is worth spending extra Empire Points on more Stakes Traps. They work great against the Harpies, reducing their movement speed and allowing your units to deal damage.
- If any of the frontlines fails, send additional troops to that place. If Harpies managed to break through somewhere, withdraw your troops to the building in the middle of the map to get some space.