The Wasteland of the Giants - this is one of the most difficult missions in They Are Billions. Here again, you will face a lot of Infected Giants and not just one of them, as was the case in one of the first missions of the campaign. In this chapter, you will find the walkthrough guide and tips related to The Forbidden Forest mission.
How to unlock and goals
How to unlock: unlocked after The Nest of the Harpy mission.
- Colony population: 2,000.
- Destroy all infected.
- Destroy all Villages of Doom
- Survive the attacks of all hordes.
- Start the mission with building. Build a few Tents, 2-3 Hunter Cottages, and when you get 300 gold build a Sawmill. Tents should soar under the main building, saving green areas located above it.
- Start expanding towards the South-East - there you will find stone deposits where you need to build a Quarry.
- To clear the area around the colony, use Rangers - there is a whole bunch of enemies that rush to the colony when the Soldiers or Sniper start shooting.
- The first Horde infected-tens of runners. The horde will arrive from the Northwest corner of the map, so you will have time to regroup your troops.
- Focus primarily on expanding North - in the South you'll find a dozen giants you won't be able to handle at this stage.
- When you're done with the North side of the map, build 2 stone walls all the way South to shield yourself from the giants. Install the tower behind it, and then Snipers.
- Once you have at least a piece of the wall manned by 20-30 snipers, use the Ranger to lure the giants one by one under the wall where your troops will deal with them. Repeat the whole process until all the giants are knocked out.
- The final Horde includes several giants who will come from the North, from the West, and from the East. No enemy will come from the West. Build 2 rows of walls on these sides with 50-60 Snipers per one direction. That should be enough to protect yourself from the giants.
At the end of a few tips related to the mission Wasteland Giants, namely:
- From the very beginning of the mission, try not to stretch the colony in a very to the South. You can directly provoke the attack of a giant, which can not cope without the appropriate army and defensive walls.
- The final Horde will not come from the South - but it is worth stretching at least one wall there to protect yourself from attacks by small groups of runners.
- Snipers work here best - they deal the most damage to the giants, and when on stone towers, they are capable of firing from huge distances.