On this page of the Dying Light 2 guide, we have included a description of a possible bug with characters getting stuck in the surroundings. We explain when this glitch can occur and how to deal with it.
Note - This bug may not appear in your game. Some bugs and glitches are game-specific and platform-specific. In addition, many bugs should be fixed with the next patches, released after the launch of Dying Light 2.
The issue described on this page may concern:
- The main character - Aiden can get stuck, e.g. while performing parkour, going through ventilation shafts, or after falling into a narrow space between obstacles.
- NPCs and monsters - They can get stuck in various ways and, in extreme cases, block some passages.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the game installed to reduce the risk of this bug.
- While walking through the ventilation shafts, try to avoid touching the walls and rotating there too much.
- If the hero gets stuck in any element of the environment, keep moving him in all directions (WASD or left analog stick) and jumping (SPACE/R1/RB). There is a chance he will get unstuck.
- If another character or opponent is blocking the passage, try to find alternative paths or, e.g. use explosives to knock the character away.
- If all attempts fail, return to the main menu and select the resume the game option. The world map will reload and you will return to the last checkpoint or the closest safe location.