This page of the Dying Light 2 guide contains a walkthrough of the Welcome On Board main quest. Thanks to our walkthrough, you'll learn how to proceed when an important decision appears during the conversation with Juan, what actions to perform while at the Peacekeeper ship, and how to reach the art collector's apartment and search it correctly.
- Rewards for completing the quest
- Report to the Peacekeepers' headquarters
- Talk to Jack Matt
- Talk to Juan in the Canteen
- Get to art collector's apartment
- Find valuables for Juan in the apartment
- Search the roof
- Take the liquor
- Attend Danior's party - optional objective
- Talk to Juan again - important decision
Rewards for completing the quest
- XP - combat: 1250
- XP - parkour: 3750
- UV flashlight - a very useful gadget when traveling at night, as you can use it to scare or weaken monsters trying to get Aiden.
- a melee weapon (Glaive)
- Cathedral main quest unlocked
Report to the Peacekeepers' headquarters
Travel to the port in The Wharf district. You'll see the Floating Fortress, which is the Peacekeeper headquarters in this area. Simply proceed through the gate - you won't be stopped in any way. The fortress is a hub where aside from story missions, you can receive side quests, use the bed, or visit a trader or a craftsman.
After attempting to enter the ship, you'll meet Bart who will give you further instructions. Along the way you will meet a group of NPCs - you can ignore them and move on. Now you need to talk to Meyer - a female member of Peacekeepers.
Talk to Jack Matt
Jack Matt is also aboard the Floating Fortress - it's best to follow the quest marker as the ship is a multi-level location and it's easy to get lost on board.
During the conversation with Jack, you can reveal that you want to find your sister or keep it for yourself - the choice will not affect the further course of the mission.
After the meeting concludes, return to Meyer and talk to her again. You will receive a UV flashlight , an item that can be used to scare or weaken monsters encountered at night or in the dark (needs to be equipped in one of the active slots)
Proceed to the room where Noelle is staying. This conversation is major.
Talk to Juan in the Canteen
First, you have to leave the Floating Fortress, and if you don't want to get lost, follow the quest markers to the exit leading to the square in front of the port. Juan is in Fish-Eye - get there on your own or use fast travel.
Ultimately, you cannot fail the conversation with Juan, but you should choose the intimidating option (the top right). After the conversation with Juan is over, go to Lawan.
Get to art collector's apartment
The art collector's apartment is in Downtown. There is a small obstacle - it is located on a higher floor. You are going to need to use the paraglider. Before you proceed, take a look at the bulding's base for an elevator that can take up.
Once on the roof, you'll need to reach the fan, located on the building south from the mission objective (screenshot 1) If you get stuck during this objective, the game should mark the fan after a while, making things easier.
Stand on the fan and press the interaction button to start gliding. The fan will raise you high in the air - glide to the balconies marked in screenshot 2 that surround the art collector's apartment.
Find valuables for Juan in the apartment
After entering the art collector's apartment, activate the survival sense to find new clues and loot locations. You can investigate:
- empty space on the wall after a painting was removed,
- a note on a small desk (picture 1),
- a note in front of the monitors in the room on the upper floor (picture 2),
- telephone next to the bed (picture above) - you will learn about the planned evacuation of the collector.
Search the roof
You can get to the roof directly from the collector's apartment - use the lockpicks on the door in the apartment to get to the ladder.
After reaching the roof, examine the skeleton and listen to the conversation using the walkie-talkie.
Take the liquor
You have to pick up the liquor, which is next to the chair with the skeleton - we showed it in the picture.
Attend Danior's party - optional objective
Arriving at the party is not a mandatory mission objective, but it will allow you to get to know some of the important NPCs better. The party takes place in Fish Eye and you can:
- talk to Danior and give him a gift,
- talk to Lawan and Row,
- express the will to take part in a truth or dare game or refuse - it does not affect your rewards or the outcome of the quest.
- talk to Danior again.
Talk to Juan again - important decision
To continue this mission, you must return to the Floating Fortress . You can share the found alcohol with Juan, but this is optional.
The second part of the conversation is more important - you have to make a time-limited important choice:
- I can help you: if you choose to work with Juan, you will automatically move on to the next main quest - Cathedral;
- I'll stick with Matt: by taking Matt's side, you will start The Lost Light main quest.