This page of the guide to Dying Light 2 contains the most important information about the traders in Villedor. You will learn where you can typically find the traders, what main types of items they offer, and whether you can sell unwanted inventory items to them.
Traders in the game world are marked with a pouch icon on the map. Not all of these types of icons are visible from the very beginning of the game. You may need to discover a trader's location on the map, or to take control of the location (e.g. windmill, safe zone), where the trader will later appear.
No traders in the game have their unique offers, e.g. none of them specializes only in specific types of weapons. Regardless of the trader you visit, you will find similar items for sale. They are randomly selected for each trader.
Traders always have a positive attitude towards Aiden and will want to trade with him. You don't have to worry about your actions preventing you from trading.
Buying and selling items
From traders you can buy primarily:
- Armor pieces
- Consumables - these can be, e.g., medicines, throwing knives, various types of boosters, grenades or Molotov cocktails
- Crafting ingredients - unfortunately, this refers only to the more common varieties, you have to get the rarest crafting parts on your own
A very important aspect is that the trader's offer is limited by Aiden's current level. For example, if the protagonist is at experience level 3, traders should only list items from levels 1-3. Remember about it and return to them every time you level up. This becomes especially important after reaching level 5, because then traders may start to list very useful bow models with high damage values.
You can sell most of Aiden's inventory to traders, but you should be careful not to get rid of:
- things that may be useful to you later in the game (e.g. some weapons or items of clothing),
- things that are not easy to get (e.g. trophies obtained from monsters, which have other better uses).
You can certainly safely dispose of valuables, which are described in more detail on a separate page of the guide.
What's more, traders have unlimited gold, so you can come back with any unwanted loot you get to put it up for sale. There is no risk that the trader will not have enough money to buy it.
Craftmasters are described in more detail on the Crafting page, but you can also buy from them. You can find them primarily in large locations, such as the Bazaar, Fish Eye or PK Floating Fortress. They offer:
- Blueprints - These allow you to create new types of items based on crafting.
- Weapon mods - You can then install them in melee weapons that have free upgrade slots. This will give them some new useful perks.
- Blueprint and gadget upgrades - You can increase the effectiveness of the blueprints you already have (bonus damage, greater range, etc.), as well as upgrade the tools you get through your progress in the game - UV flashlight, paraglider and grappling hook. Unfortunately, to pay for these upgrades you need to spend not only gold, but also rare loot.
- Crafting ingredients - Similarly to traders, you can't buy the rarest materials from craftmasters, only the more common ones.